Splendid Stitches Ltd Repairs Standard Terms & Conditions:
Updated January 2023
Terms of Service
Your use of our repairs services constitutes your agreement to these terms. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, you must not use our repairs services.
Splendid Stitches is a Limited Company with the registration number 14506791. The registered address is 14 Basing Hill, London, NW11 8th and correspondence and postal address 68 Huddleston Road, London N7 0AG.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions ‘we’, ‘us’ means Splendid Stitches Ltd.
By making an enquiry or placing an order for repairs through our website, you agree to the following:
Repairs Service Contract
Splendid Stitches Limited, will quote for the work, communicate with you regarding your items including shipping and any changes to the quoted price, and payment, and when the works is completed will ship the item(s) back to you.
Repairs Terms and Conditions:
- We offer clothing repairs for reasonable repairs to vintage clothing as estimated to date from before the 1990s. The repair service include but is not limited to: sew on or replace missing buttons, repair or replace broken zips, mend tears and rips, secure hems and mend holes.
- We reserve the rights to refuse works to any item we deem irreparable.
- You must ensure any garments sent for repairs are clean. Any garments that are deemed dirty or soiled will be returned to you without repairs at your expense, or destroyed. Any items expected to have moth damage must be decontaminated, ie. Drycleaned within 6 weeks of being sent for repair or deep frozen for at least 3 days.
- The repair service does not include cleaning, dyeing or works to leather or fur.
- We only offer alterations where you have fitted and measured the items yourself and cannot be held liable for any alterations you deem incorrectly measured upon receipt of the finished item. If in doubt, seek out a professional tailor for a fitting in person.
- Before any repairs are accepted, you must send at least one photo of the damage. This photo constitutes part of the repair contact you will have with Splendid Stitches as an accurate representation of the work required.
- The minimum charge for using the repair service is £25 and any quote is valid for 10 working days. We reserve the right to revise any quote older than 10 working days.
- Payment for services must be settled directly with Splendid Stitches and can be via bank transfer, PayPal or via invoice or payment link.
- We will only undertake repairs to pre-approved items, and as agreed following assessment of the photo(s) you send us. If we deem extra work in addition to the original quote is required upon receipt and inspection of the item, we will inform you by email. It is up to you whether to accept the extra work and charge or not.
- On occasion, we may exercise our right to revise the price upwards after providing a fixed quote due to unforeseen complexities.
Repair standards and turnaround time:
- We endeavour to undertake all and any repairs in a manner that renders the repair indiscernible. However there are times when repairs will be visible. By agreeing to use the repairs service, you understand that the repaired item may obtain some additional details and may not be a replica of the original. e.g. different coloured hardware or visible stitching. When a repair will require an alteration of the original, we will notify you before accepting the repair.
- In the unlikely event that an item becomes damaged whilst in our care, the liability of the item shall not exceed £500 regardless of style or condition unless previously agreed in writing.
- The standard repair time per garment is 21 days, although in some cases we may require specialist hardware or there is a high demand for services which mean there may be a delay to the repair and return of your garment. Customers will be informed of any expected delay.
Postage liabilities and items in transit
- You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure any garments sent to us for repairs are responsibly packaged up for transit. It is your responsibility to insure the items, and to pay for postage to us.
- All items will be returned with a signed for secure courier or mail option such as Royal Mail 2nd Class signed for post. The cost of return postage is included in our quote to you. While your item is in the care of Royal Mail, their Terms and Insurance cover applies. We cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss in transit.
- If you wish your item returned by any other couriers, or an upgraded Mail service such as same day or next-day delivery, you must let us know at the time of booking and accept there is an extra charge for this. We are not held liable for any loss, delay or damage by 3rd party couriers or Royal Mail.
- Upon completion of your item, we will contact you to inform you when your item will be shipped back. We will contact you via email or text message. It is your responsibility to provide the correct return address upon booking of the repair, and to receive the parcel back. We cannot be held responsible for non-delivery.
- We only accept repairs and return addresses within the UK.
Privacy and data
- Splendid Stitches will be required to hold some data about you and your item in order to carry out the works. This includes but is not limited to: your name and address so we can return your item to you. Your phone number and email address so we can contact you about your order. Information about the item, the damage, and the repair. Splendid Stitches may hold this information in accordance with GCPR rules to offer the best service we can for you, but will not share with 3rd parties.
- We reserve the rights to use the information you provide to us for communication and marketing purposes from Splendid Stitches in accordance with current GDPR laws.
- We reserve the right to showcase, market and advertise items on social media platforms to show the repair service capabilities to existing and potential clients and by sending your item for repair you agree to this. You may request that we not use images of your items by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but absent of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide.
- You may cancel a repair that has not been started by writing to us on email@example.com for a full refund, less postage costs. However, you will be liable for any costs incurred up until the close of business on the day you submit your cancellation request if work has already started.
Complaints and Governing Law
- If you are unhappy with any part of the completed work, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt of your returned product on firstname.lastname@example.org giving full details including applicable dates, order reference numbers and full contact details. We will investigate any complaint promptly and pay fair compensation for damage or loss due to our negligence.
- You have legal consumer rights in relation to services that are not performed with reasonable care and skill or are otherwise not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens′ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined by a competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You and we each agree that the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from, or related to, the booking and/or supply of Services.