This stunning dress was a mail-order repair where we were sent the dress and did all correspondence over email and phone. The chiffon collar was in a sorry state and needed replacing. Unpicking the existing bias, we matched up the original pattern of the collar which the bias edging was reattached to and then […]
The buttons and button hoops at the back neck closure of this stunning 1930s gown were in a sorry state, and the buttons (probably replacements) set too closely together and overlapping. We removed one of the 5 hoops to better space out the 4 remaining, and repositioned the buttons accordingly.
We were asked by Dawn Porter to help with some alterations for her personal collection, and this shift dress needed the neckline lowering, and hem shortening. The neck opening was done with an interface lining, so we lowered both to get the new neckline shape and used a hem marker to ensure a straight […]
An ensemble consisting of a sleeveless dress and matching bolero needed a few simple alterations to open up the neckline of the dress, which we did by inserting some darts. The bolero needed the sleeves tidied up and lengthened, resolved with attaching a silk band trim matching the existing trim on the jacket hem.
Arwen’s wedding dress had a back she wasn’t keen on and a elastic hem at the back she wanted to conceal. She preferred a halterneck, and we managed to reuse the existing straps for a halterneck, and the lace back pieces to create a detachable ‘flounce’ for the low back seam concealment.