Jessica needed her 1940s gown customised for the Baftas, and asked if we could add a train to it, along with general alterations. Having found a suitable fabric to go with the original crepe, we designed a 3 tier train by redesigning the front slit and adding on two new panels for the train.
This cotton dress by Jaeger did not fit our client on top, and she asked if we could make it into a skirt. The alteration itself was quite simple due to the original wrap-around construction of the dress, but we still had to make a few minor adjustments to ensure the skirt sat well, especially […]
This 1950s vintage brocade dress had a very high waist, as typical of the era. Our client wanted the bodice elongated for a better fit, but as there was little seam allowance on the waist seam, we inserted a panel in red, to match the red in the brocade. we also removed the front bow, […]
An ensemble consisting of a sleeveless dress and matching bolero needed a few simple alterations to open up the neckline of the dress, which we did by inserting some darts. The bolero needed the sleeves tidied up and lengthened, resolved with attaching a silk band trim matching the existing trim on the jacket hem.